In every engineering classroom, there are some doctors, some engineers, some animators, some sportsmen, some filmmakers, even some tattoists, but there are always some folks who-don’t-know-what-they’re-doing-there ( like me ). And for every such person in the class, there is always a single, super puli kutti.
- He is that rare species – who possesses that one extra gene – which can make him sit through any class without blinking a single eyelid once. [ However strong the sleep-inducing power of the person handling the class maybe ]
- He is that rare species – who writes notes covering every possible thing that our professor tells and writes things which even the professor forgot.
- He is the rare species – who’ll lend you his notes to be taken for xerox right before the exam [ In fact, our class puli kutti even takes xerox for us. We just have to pay ]
- He is that rare species – who’ll make sure you get every output printed out for the lab whose name you’ll never know, for the experiment you’ll never witness ( I mean, never ever witness in your life ).
- He is that rare species – who’ll also give you his note when your note is asked for the viva voce questions to be selected from.
- He is the rare species – who’ll laugh with us, who’ll enjoy with us but who’ll stay awake when all of us are sleeping.
- He is the rare species – who’ll know what the internal portion is and where the internal material is.
- He is the rare species – who’ll get a long list of names from every person in the class so that he can provide a xerox of the internal portion. [ Though, he does earn from it ... but, hey nothing comes free ]
- He is the rare species – who is the reason why you can somehow wade through all the academic ordeals that learned professors throw at you.
- And he is the rare species – who’ll pass you the answer in an exam even when he knows you may score higher than him [ although, the probability of that is as good as Sania Mirza winning an Open ]
- And he is the reason why my survival through college has been non-hazardous so far.
Our class – puli kutti is a fine fella called Guruprasad. A wonderful person – he plays the flute, takes xeroxes, helps everyone and even shares his lunch with me .
God-bless you mate ! May your xeroxes and note-taking capability grow forever And I’m making damn sure that our tigers are saved .
I have spoken
P.S.: I’ve not received any money nor xeroxes nor notes from Guru. And, despite the poster we’re not YET into politics.